With statistics in illness and disease skyrocketing out of control we have to ask the question – what is the reason for our declining health?
Twenty years ago as an acupuncture practitioner, I encountered patients that were aware that they were contributing to much of their illness. Given this understanding, you would imagine they would want to choose to live in a way that no longer contributed to their health issues. Not so, some would make changes for a short period of time, but others, for whatever reason did not feel able to change their lifestyle at all. So what is this saying about us and about human beings generally?
- Do we not think we deserve true health?
- Is it not important to look after ourselves in a way that honours our body?
- Why is it that a supposedly intelligent species carries on in this most un-intelligent way?
- Why do we abuse and disregard our bodies and choose to continue living in this way knowing we are contributing to our own ill health?
- Do we not want to live a life of joy, harmony, love and true vitality?
Beneath our illness and disease rates there is more going on. There appears to be a restlessness in the continual searching or the comfort of the next food fix, or it manifests in constantly trying to escape from what is being felt. Have we been educated to know ourselves and understand this restlessness and the energy behind it?
What if we have the potential to know a deep contentedness and joy. What if that is in fact our natural state?
Therefore, it should hurt when you are not joy-full,
it should hurt when you are not gentle.
Why wait for an injury, for a disease
before you admit there is pain?
~ Serge Benhayon
Esoteric Teachings and Revelations, 2011
What if changing the way we live to be more loving is in fact our best medicine?